Yaz

Lunaris Remastered - March. 27, 2020

Hello my fellow Lunarians!

LunarisAdBanner.png

On March 27, 2020

Lunaris will be re-opening its doors to the public.

We have some exciting news to share. After a long and over-due process, we have finally been able to relaunch Lunaris. This relaunch has been a result of months of planning, development and implementation. We wanted to make sure that we fixed a lot of the issues that were present, provided a unique and exciting twist, as well as a concept no one has ever seen before within the RSPS community. We are finally ready to release this exciting and new project, while maintaining the nostalgic features of the old game.

Why we decided to take a step back...

As you all know, we have ran into some issues with regards to the management and balancing of the previous revision. Although Lunaris was a successful server, there were holes that needed to be filled, and unfortunately we had only realized them until it was a little too late. The result of this forced Brandon to pause advertising, take a step back and really understand the issues with the core of Lunaris.

We understand the concerns that the community had with the core of the server. The drop tables were not properly set, items were where they shouldn't have been, certain content was skipped, resulting in the ease of accumulation for higher tier weapons and armour. This resulted in an inflation in the economy, then a sudden drop to the value and worth of items. This was a huge issue for us, as players were not being rewarded properly for their efforts. The distribution of wealth was unfair, and players were slowly starting to lose interest. This is why we decided to look back and identify, as well as fix such issues. 

The balance team had a key impact with regards to looking at the whole system from the ground up, and fixing such holes that were apparent during the time Lunaris was active. We looked at why items had lost value, which systems we had in place that were flawed, which drop tables were in fact ruining the overall experience of the game, and much more. Through the last 6 months, the whole upper level staff team of Lunaris have worked countless hours on developing this new project.

The whole team here at Lunaris is extremely passionate about this project, and through the year and a half of which Lunaris was open for, we had not only created an enjoyable server, but we had also created lasting relationships with our players. This is why, instead of packing up and never letting Lunaris see another day, the staff team went hard at work over the last few months, halted advertising, and started from scratch.

What happens with my account and donations?

We understand that this is a concerning issue. Since Lunaris will be an entirely different game, we have decided for the sake of creating an enjoyable experience, it would be wise to perform a full eco and account reset. Donation ranks will not be kept. There has been a lot of changes as discussed, therefore everyone will be opening a new account from scratch.

This is the healthiest option, as the standard of gold and money making processes have all be amended, therefore providing players with their previous stats would not make sense and would not be fair. With regards to donations, that is a similar case as to what was just discussed. Since it is a completely new game, there will also be a full eco reset. With new ways of making money, and the economy being properly balanced, it makes sense to reset the economy. With a fresh start, your experience will be well enjoyed. We know that true Lunarians will understand that this is the best option for the server. 

In conclusion, ranks, donations and accounts will be reset, including the economy. That being said, previous Sponsors and Investors will be receiving a special reward upon launch. However, if you do have a compelling argument as to why you think your donations should be returned, feel free to reply to this thread laying out your argument, of which will considered.

The Relaunch

We are going to have a massive relaunch, as we are also investing heavily on advertising, and making sure that with the countless hours of preparation this relaunch has faced, it is warranted by a large player base.

From a mixture of old, to new players, Lunaris will be the next big thing within the RSPS community. Never seen before features such as the custom map, new rarity system and more, will be the key aspects of which will differentiate Lunaris from any other server you have played. We can guarantee, that the months of preparation into this launch was well worth the wait. Lunaris is looking forward to seeing both old, and new faces.

We can not wait to share this experience with you! Be sure to stay tuned on the forums and the discord for news about some massive giveaways we will be hosting, along with important updates and information.

#LunarisHype

Yours truly,

Lunaris Administration 

• Like 3

As someone who had a donator rank because I spent in game gold to buy a scroll for it I am not overly concerned that everything is getting reset ranks included.  Just looking forward to something else to do in these trying times. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Nobody wants items back. We simply want the rank, the rank is the ONLY reaaon i donated. Its not like wed be getting items with rank. Having rank would help us some yeah, but we still have to grind exp and items. Its not a major impsct on eco for hsving a rank with a few benefits, a few people if not given ranks, will donate for them back meaning a influx in donations for ranks back, meaning a infux of items into the eco on release. If we keep our ranks, wed donate a few bucks and bring a few items into the eco, rathed then thousands in new donations. If you refund ranks, there will be less items at the start, but we will have some benefits. At the current state, you guys are willing to lose 10+ $1000+ donators. Those are big supporters, loyal supporters. Some of us have played lunaris for thousands of hours on top of it. We dont care we are losing donations and items, we simply want the rank that we got for having a TOTAL amount donated. We still have donated that TOTAL amount, sure i can understand if ranks were donated for directly, you reset them, but we got our ranks for donating a TOTAL amount, so now how it will be, if you already donated 1000, it costs you a TOTAL of 2000 for that rank rather then 1000 some new guy who donates has to pay, same for 2500. Turns into us having to donate a TOTAL of 5000 instead of a new donator donating 2500. I think instead of doing what you think is best, is you run a poll for keeping donator ranks and see how that goes, we all can only beg so much and explain ourselves before we just say fuck it, not stress about it, and leave Lunaris in the past. Personally as a player of Lunaris that has donated over $1500, played since 2018, and spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in-game, I will not play Lunaris anywhere near the time I used to, being 12 hours a day, if I do not receive my rank back. I do care about items, nor do most of us, but my rank that I got for having a TOTAL donated amount, I very much care about, and the same goes for others.

Edited by deadkid
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, deadkid said:

Nobody wants items back. We simply want the rank, the rank is the ONLY reaaon i donated. Its not like wed be getting items with rank. Having rank would help us some yeah, but we still have to grind exp and items. Its not a major impsct on eco for hsving a rank with a few benefits, a few people if not given ranks, will donate for them back meaning a influx in donations for ranks back, meaning a infux of items into the eco on release. If we keep our ranks, wed donate a few bucks and bring a few items into the eco, rathed then thousands in new donations. If you refund ranks, there will be less items at the start, but we will have some benefits. At the current state, you guys are willing to lose 10+ $1000+ donators. Those are big supporters, loyal supporters. Some of us have played lunaris for thousands of hours on top of it. We dont care we are losing donations and items, we simply want the rank that we got for having a TOTAL amount donated. We still have donated that TOTAL amount, sure i can understand if ranks were donated for directly, you reset them, but we got our ranks for donating a TOTAL amount, so now how it will be, if you already donated 1000, it costs you a TOTAL of 2000 for that rank rather then 1000 some new guy who donates has to pay, same for 2500. Turns into us having to donate a TOTAL of 5000 instead of a new donator donating 2500. I think instead of doing what you think is best, is you run a poll for keeping donator ranks and see how that goes, we all can only beg so much and explain ourselves before we just say fuck it, not stress about it, and leave Lunaris in the past. Personally as a player of Lunaris that has donated over $1500, played since 2018, and spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in-game, I will not play Lunaris anywhere near the time I used to, being 12 hours a day, if I do not receive my rank back. I do care about items, nor do most of us, but my rank that I got for having a TOTAL donated amount, I very much care about, and the same goes for others.

i agree 100% total donated overall should not change cause it still same thing

Edited by Saint
  • Like 1

Well i totally agree with the total amount to be rolled over.. ive donated over $2000 to this server and cannot wait for the re-launch. I plenty of proof of the amounts that i have paid. Ive been waiting for this server to start up again and am very excited to see where it goes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think that refunding ranks will help bring old players back especially since they probably feel abit cheated since they donated and then you shut down. I donated a fair amount back in the day to you guys and I know it kinda sucks seeing that you dont think donations should be refunded to the people that kept you guys in business. I also think that a lot of people wouldnt bother coming back if they dont get refunded

• Like 1

It feels great to see this server come back to life. I loved the close-knit non-toxic community that this server had. Daily events like hide and seek, quizzes and masses helped to break the monotony of the grind and made it truly enjoyable to be online. I really hope to see old familiar faces along with an influx of new excited players. I have tried almost every popular RSPS and failed to find a community like Lunaris anywhere else. Somehow this server always felt like home. Can't wait for 27th March :)

I agree with others on keeping the rank issue. We had a "vote for donator" system which made donating balanced and not too overpowered. I understand that constant monetary inputs are necessary to keep any server running, therefore, you need to keep thing balanced. I also agree with biotech that it will be unfair if no incentive is provided to the old donators. As we were allowed to buy scrolls using in-game cash for donations (I got the 20$ one),  you can maybe have a cap, say 50$ or 100$ and above for the rank. The other option is to check the proof of payment for the same. 

I hope to see you all on 27th :) 

Cheers

• Like 1

Lots of us donated for thousands, but most of us are back and ready to continue the support of our community. 

My opinion is if they let you keep the rank, then you'd just not donate and use the rank farming the sponsor area. Then EVERYONE that had it before would be crowding that area constantly. This will refresh the slate. I personally don't mind, and if you read they are giving us something special if you were a Sponsor or Investor.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ponders said:

ponders is ready!!!!

ESKETITTT

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Arthur said:

Hype !

14 hours ago, Rawrgasm said:

this is lit!

Good to see you both are excited as everyone else! 😄

• Thanks 1

Hey is there any way to pre download the game, so we can start to play asap when the servers are up? 🙂 

6 hours ago, Culpa said:

Hey is there any way to pre download the game, so we can start to play asap when the servers are up? 🙂 

I don't think there is a current link to the client until launch. Or at least until the day of.

• Thanks 1

yay finally cant wait to start the grind  aint to fussed about donator rank ill buy it again 🙂 sure the money helped out in some way so it all good

see you all on the 27th 

• Thanks 1

I'm ready for something unique and fresh again, bring it on!

Looking forward to seeing all these excited people on release. Thank you @Yaz and all who have contributed!

• Like 1

Hell yes, I still have the lunaris client on my desktop and have randomly tried it like once a month for the past year lol 🙂 super excited

• Like 1

15 hours ago, robb said:

yay finally cant wait to start the grind  aint to fussed about donator rank ill buy it again 🙂 sure the money helped out in some way so it all good

see you all on the 27th 

It definitely did! I'm excited to see all of these new players! 😄

• Thanks 1

New player here, can't wait to give this server a go from re-launch as I've never really been able to start a server this early, can't wait to see you all in game!

• Like 1