Bain

Donation suggestion

Donation fix  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

After hearing some concern from quite a few people In the discord about "end game items" being obtained by donations, I have a suggestion that I think could make the server more unique and also work in the favor of the donators, regular players/community, and overall economy/longevity of the server. The idea is to NOT sell these end game items in the donation shop whatsoever (stay with me here) but instead have an attachment/ornamental kit that attaches to these items that makes them not only look cooler but give better stats as well. It fixes everyones concerns of economy issues,  "pay to win" aspects, and keeps the grind there to get these items from drops in game, while still giving people a good incentive to people looking to donate. The only issue I see from this is being that the attachments are exclusive to donators and give them an advantage. In the end it's either this or just letting people buy these end game items , because taking them off the donation shop completely is probably a stretch/not gonna happen. My idea is more of a middle ground. I don't have it all the way worked out there's still points that can be discussed by community/staff:  How much the buff should be, should these attachments be donator only, or dropped from npc(s) in game?  (sorry for the run on sentences lol) But from a community stand point what do you guys think? Any ideas to add on? Good idea? Bad idea? Let's discuss.

Edited by Bain

I have been worried about the "Pay To Win" issues myself, I hope it's not as bad as I hear 

• Like 1

With the rarity rework meaning you can turn reg items into rarity ones,  these big items in the doner store will kill the eco imo.   Pls don't force another wipe in under a year bc of the raids and raids 2 boxes alone.

• Like 1

Don't think it'll be an issue with how much things cost, and people will still be doing raids. TBH stuff I'm donating for isn't going to be sold into the economy. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:56 AM, Bain said:

After hearing some concern from quite a few people In the discord about "end game items" being obtained by donations, I have a suggestion that I think could make the server more unique and also work in the favor of the donators, regular players/community, and overall economy/longevity of the server. The idea is to NOT sell these end game items in the donation shop whatsoever (stay with me here) but instead have an attachment/ornamental kit that attaches to these items that makes them not only look cooler but give better stats as well. It fixes everyones concerns of economy issues,  "pay to win" aspects, and keeps the grind there to get these items from drops in game, while still giving people a good incentive to people looking to donate. The only issue I see from this is being that the attachments are exclusive to donators and give them an advantage. In the end it's either this or just letting people buy these end game items , because taking them off the donation shop completely is probably a stretch/not gonna happen. My idea is more of a middle ground. I don't have it all the way worked out there's still points that can be discussed by community/staff:  How much the buff should be, should these attachments be donator only, or dropped from npc(s) in game?  (sorry for the run on sentences lol) But from a community stand point what do you guys think? Any ideas to add on? Good idea? Bad idea? Let's discuss.

Removing certain end game items from the store has already been done.  I like your suggestion but it can be tweaked a bit.  A suggestion being passed around includes the ability to customize your end game items with dyes/etc that are obtainable only through in game content.  Can't reveal too much ;).

Thank you for your suggestion, and I apologize for the late reply.