NoOne

Add An Option In Game For Providing Feedback

PREREQUISITE: In game account must be linked to forum account
CATEGORIES: Bugs and Suggestions
OPTIONAL FEATURES: Ability to record 30 seconds of game play to attach to feedback/report.
OPTIONAL CATEGORY: Report player option with a list of the current rules in a drop down. Must choose the rule the player is breaking when submitting this report. These reports should only be visible by staff and the person who submitted it.

Add the ability to provide feedback inside the game after you link your in game account to forum account. The feedback button should give you 2 categories (bug and suggestion) which will in then create a forum post under your name in their respected areas using the information you provided in game. A lot of things get complained about and not reported because there isn't an in game option for reporting and most cant be asked to go to forum. This solves the issue and can be even extended on by giving the option down the line to capture 30 seconds (or some time) of game play to submit along with the feedback to better show bugs and such.

• Thanks 1

Nice concept but it's a little too much work to go to and shouldn't be prioritized over most things - I can't even recall a single server that even has this.

It genuinely takes around 60 seconds to create a forum account and to list a quick bug/suggestion. If people can't be bothered to do that then it's an indication that the bug/suggestion they're trying to promote isn't that big of a deal

• Like 1

Hey NoOne,

I agree with the concept, I think it'd be a bit of work for not a great deal of benefit. Need to think where would you want the Dev time spent. I'd say on QOL and Content to keep the server active etc.

Although, I think a quick fix to your idea, would be a simple command such as ::Suggestions or ::bugs, which could take you directly to that part of the forums.

Thoughts?

On 4/13/2020 at 5:21 PM, Peckishwhale said:

Nice concept but it's a little too much work to go to and shouldn't be prioritized over most things - I can't even recall a single server that even has this.

It genuinely takes around 60 seconds to create a forum account and to list a quick bug/suggestion. If people can't be bothered to do that then it's an indication that the bug/suggestion they're trying to promote isn't that big of a deal

I really couldn't agree more. I think the idea of a ingame suggestion option would be nice, although currently. it's little to no effort to needed to hop on forums and just make a quick topic under suggestions. 

On 4/13/2020 at 9:09 PM, Dredyn said:

Hey NoOne,

I agree with the concept, I think it'd be a bit of work for not a great deal of benefit. Need to think where would you want the Dev time spent. I'd say on QOL and Content to keep the server active etc.

Although, I think a quick fix to your idea, would be a simple command such as ::Suggestions or ::bugs, which could take you directly to that part of the forums.

Thoughts?

I think a quick implementation of a ::suggestions or ::bugs would be a great idea. Same with ::news/ ::devlogs, ::forums, etc. 
This may help players who are unsure of "how to", to be able to find their way to the forums and get going.

Thanks,
Alex