theslothsin

Suggestion: Lunaris Membership

I've never seen this on a rsps so I have no clue if it would work or not but I know this is very successful in other games genres for both the players and the staff.

Lunaris Membership:

A  price of (X) amount for a premium lunaris membership for 30 days.

Benefits could include

* The ability to pay (X) gold for a instance for (X) amount of time at certain boss's like the lunaris warrior or champion's where competition is high

* 25% increase to combat experience gained and 50% increased to skilling experience and a daily "happy hour" that doubles those bonus's

* Custom members item allowing quick teleports to high traffic locations ie zulrah's island, slayer dungeons, minigame, etc

* Custom pet that can send (X) amount of items to players bank per hour

The options are endless as to the benefits that could be added that wouldn't throw balance out of wack but would allow people who want to support the game on a monthly rate a slight comfort of life boost.

Posted (edited)

I've only ever seen this on 1 668 and 1 518 server in the past...

It's a good thought but it would mean having to re-adjust the current donator ranks and perks.

Maybe they could be added to the already existing donator ranks?

Edited by Peckishwhale

I see where you're coming from I don't have the specifics mapped out lol but I was thinking more so this would be separate from donor ranks

Mainly because donor rank is a one time shot thing this would be a monthly optional addition on top of donor ranks but not interfering with the donor ranks to help support the server on a monthly basis and add some QOL benefits 

It could also count towards your donor rank every month you renew giving 1/2 the value to your donor rank. That would be a way of helping people continue to progress and grow through the donor ranks over time

3 minutes ago, theslothsin said:

I see where you're coming from I don't have the specifics mapped out lol but I was thinking more so this would be separate from donor ranks

It's a good idea, however I personally think the server is already customized enough and should only prioritize more prominent features for the time-being.

i feel as the rewards would be either opaf or lackluster. I also feel this would 150% label us as pay to win for sure and could turn away a lot of player base. We dont want people to come here and thinks so many people have the advantage cause they donated for items. Now they get x more xp then me its not truly fair. but in the same aspect it would be cool i agree i just think it would have more backlash which it would do more harm then good.

After thinking about it some more I believe you're correct burnn. I feel it would be more harmful than beneficial in the long run I will keep the post up for conversation but at this point I dont think it's a good idea.