Ujj

Lunaris EXP Rates Survey

Hello Lunaris!

The balance team would love to get everyone's opinions on experience rates for all skills.  Please vote on the poll below so we can get a community consensus!

Survey Link

Please leave a comment on the survey OR below if you have an opinion that requires more definition.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Responded! 

As someone who prestiged already, I feel like the rates are slower. Is that true? If so I don't think they should be.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Terror said:

Responded! 

As someone who prestiged already, I feel like the rates are slower. Is that true? If so I don't think they should be.

Thank you!  Yes, the exp rates do drop after prestige.  It was mentioned in the dev log I believe.  I could be wrong, but my test showed 1/6 reduction to exp after the first prestige.  My tests were incorrect.  Brandon confirmed exp drop below.

Edited by Ujj
I was wrong

6 minutes ago, Ujj said:

Thank you!  Yes, the exp rates do drop after prestige.  It was mentioned in the dev log I believe.  I could be wrong, but my test showed 1/6 reduction to exp after the first prestige.

Does it continue on after each prestige?

Just now, Terror said:

Does it continue on after each prestige?

Not confirmed yet since no one has prestiged twice yet..

11 minutes ago, Ujj said:

Thank you!  Yes, the exp rates do drop after prestige.  It was mentioned in the dev log I believe.  I could be wrong, but my test showed 1/6 reduction to exp after the first prestige.

It's not 1/6th. It is 2.5% per prestige. The reason it takes much longer to prestige now is because of the changes to experience multiplication that occurred a few updates back. Most people were however already maxed or close to max when that update dropped.

• Like 1

I think the additional changes to the way the bonus xp works now (Multiplicative -> Additive), and the prestiges reduction in exp it's made it feel overly grindy in a few skills. 

Filled out survey, thanks for looking at this. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dredyn said:

I think the additional changes to the way the bonus xp works now (Multiplicative -> Additive), and the prestiges reduction in exp it's made it feel overly grindy in a few skills. 

Filled out survey, thanks for looking at this. 

Thanks for bringing that up!  For anyone wondering what Dredyn meant with "(Multiplicative -> Additive)", here is the way the Lunaris runs bonus exp:

• Old way:  BASE * BONUS
  • New Way:  BASE + BONUS
  • Example:  DXP ring, book, and 2x event
    • Old way:  100% * 2 * 1.5 * 2 = 600% exp or 6x exp
    • New way:  100% + 100% + 50% + 100% = 350% exp or 3.5x exp

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, Ujj said:

Thanks for bringing that up!  For anyone wondering what Dredyn meant with "(Multiplicative -> Additive)", here is the way the Lunaris runs bonus exp:

• Old way:  BASE * BONUS
  • New Way:  BASE + BONUS
  • Example:  DXP ring, book, and 2x event
    • Old way:  100% * 2 * 1.5 * 2 = 600% exp or 6x exp
    • New way:  100% + 100% + 50% + 100% = 350% exp or 3.5x exp

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

This is exactly correct

Posted (edited)

Responded, some skills are now way to hard like, fire making, hunter, RC these are only good to do with 2x exp ring if u ask me. Maybe add 2x exp ring to donor shop? or as elite clue reward?

Edited by Bassie

7 hours ago, Bassie said:

Responded, some skills are now way to hard like, fire making, hunter, RC these are only good to do with 2x exp ring if u ask me. Maybe add 2x exp ring to donor shop? or as elite clue reward?

Never ever add a dxp ring to donor shop. That would ruin it's price and value. 

46 minutes ago, Terror said:

Never ever add a dxp ring to donor shop. That would ruin it's price and value. 

They essentially did this in 1.0 and that is where most of the dxp and row(i)s came from. Not great for the eco imo.

Posted (edited)

I am happy to say that the results for this survey has been eye opening and some values are being revisited.  Thank you very much for all of you that have participated.  I'm planning to push an exp rates survey any time an update involving exp has been pushed through, most likely a few days after people have been acclimated.  This feedback is valuable to the balance/dev team, and the JR Balance Team heavily appreciates all of the work everyone puts into their replies and thought out suggestions.  ❤️

Edited by Ujj
Words.