Peckishwhale

Peckishwhale - Forum Moderator Application

How long have you been playing Lunaris for?

I have actively been playing the re-released version since release (27.3.20).

What have you done during your game time to help other players?

I have regularly offered guidance, advice, in-game guides and general help on a consistent basis to those that require it.

How active are you on the server?

I actively play up to 6-10 hours a day. I am in the timezone (GMT: UK) and severely nocturnal so I am available during both at the peak and off-peak times of the server. Also with the current pandemic at hand it is unlikely that this will change anytime soon. My personal work shifts are confirmed in advance so I will always be able to adjust my active time when necessary.

Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?

Up-keeping and continuity of the server is integral to a server's success. I feel that I can provide an assurance and capability to enable interactions, activity and moderation are prioritized and kept maintained to allow other areas of the Server to be worked on - ultimately easing the stress off of server hierarchy and allowing them to focus on other important things. I have worked as a facilities administrator as my main source of income for the past 2 years, so I am familiar with publishing, data entry and collation along with a foundation knowledge on programming and system integration software. I am able to take my responsibilities as a staff member in a humble but dynamic approach - as a reliable and trustworthy individual who does not egotistically take personal ranks as a way to ridicule other players, but rather to inspire and empathize with the community to provide online safeguarding and a pleasant experience that will want them to stay with Lunaris.

Are you able to take instruction and work without being monitored and meet set deadlines?

Yes, I prominently work better unsupervised as I thrive off of working independently, however I am always happy and open to commit to team projects and scheduled routines where required. I have great time management skills which allow me to meet any deadlines and tasks delegated to me as well as providing additional support where it would be necessary to assist in accordance with the server's maintenance and the team's current needs.

Are you active in the Discord server and on forums?

I have recently joined the Discord server - I will always be available and active to ensure player communication and staff satisfaction is a priority. My Discord ID is Peckishwhale#7856 (Unique ID: 702812229363302420). I am more than active on Forums and typically spend up to 2-3 hours a day browsing and contributing on here.

Feel free to list any other comments or additions below that will help us to generate a decision.

I have extensive knowledge of the entire server and the game play it provides, so I can apply this knowledge into advertisement, game-play enhancement and forum activity.

I am an incredibly motivated individual who is keen to see the server thrive in every way possible, and I hope this is evident as is stands with my current actions.

I would say I am recognized by the server for my approach to the game as well as my experience, therefore I can lead by example to others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Wow, this is a fantastic application. One of the better ones I have seen yet. I absolutely have noticed your forums activity since you joined and I always love interacting with you and I would love to have you join the team, that being said you have my vouch.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Wow, this is a fantastic application. One of the better ones I have seen yet. I absolutely have noticed your forums activity since you joined and I always love interacting with you and I would love to have you join the team, that being said you have my vouch.

Appreciate the kind words Brandon, thank you!

Thanks for taking the time and filling out this remarkable application, as well as having a active presence around the forums and the persistence of sticking around 😛 
It would be great to have you on the team 😄

You got my vouch as well 👍 

• Thanks 1

i feel like you put together a very good application and i have noticed how active you are on forums and in game i think you would be a good fit for this you got my vouch 🙂

• Thanks 1

I vouch for you man! (If my vouch has any value at all) Always out there to show new players the way! Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Peckishwhale one of the most active members in forums and in game, hands down. 

Love that he is trying to bring new topics to the forums which makes them much more alive than they usually are. Even the simple topics like the one where he asked players to share their music taste got them engaged and makes huge difference.

Application wise, it is amazing how good it is put together and it was a pleasure to read. Side note, it didn't give me a seizure because the application isn't pretentious at all. 

Best luck, hope to hear good news 🙂

+1 from me. 

Edited by Lukas
  • Thanks 1

+1 has my vouch peckish is a very helpful person ingame and off game in forums and discord. 100% has my vote

• Thanks 1