God_ironman

Suggestion: Clue scroll replacement for Skotizo.

In regards to a temp replacement for clue scroll as a drop from skotizo, I think the best item would be a set number of noted crystal keys. They're the closest thing to a clue scroll we have right now, and pretty steady money.

I Agree at 100% I think players should be rewarded 2-3 noted crystal keys to replace the clue scrolls.

• Like 1

This is a nice suggestion and would be a nice addition once Skotizo is in-game.

Perhaps Crystal key loot could be reworked as well to add more clue-related items? e.g cosmetics such as Bucket Helm, briefcase and other non-cosmetic items such as blessings and god d'hide armour. 

On 5/1/2020 at 10:57 PM, Peckishwhale said:

This is a nice suggestion and would be a nice addition once Skotizo is in-game.

Perhaps Crystal key loot could be reworked as well to add more clue-related items? e.g cosmetics such as Bucket Helm, briefcase and other non-cosmetic items such as blessings and god d'hide armour. 

if I remember right, Brandon mentioned that clue scrolls would be a thing he'd want to focus on and take his time with to make clue scrolls really in depth. Which takes time. the thing is, if we get all the clue scroll items from keys, what happens when clue scrolls are released and we already have all the loot from them through keys?

10 minutes ago, God_ironman said:

if I remember right, Brandon mentioned that clue scrolls would be a thing he'd want to focus on and take his time with to make clue scrolls really in depth. Which takes time. the thing is, if we get all the clue scroll items from keys, what happens when clue scrolls are released and we already have all the loot from them through keys?

Whilst clue scroll implementation is currently being worked on (assuming it is or will be), the crystal key loot still needs a rework of some sort regardless. As well as that, to keep player's engrossed it would be a nice addition to introduce new items that are currently not obtainable in-game. It could be possible to add items that originally come from clue scrolls to the chest, but limiting them and making them rarer than usual - in doing so will maintain interest in Skotizo, clues and crystal keys to be a sought after item again

24 minutes ago, Peckishwhale said:

Whilst clue scroll implementation is currently being worked on (assuming it is or will be), the crystal key loot still needs a rework of some sort regardless. As well as that, to keep player's engrossed it would be a nice addition to introduce new items that are currently not obtainable in-game. It could be possible to add items that originally come from clue scrolls to the chest, but limiting them and making them rarer than usual - in doing so will maintain interest in Skotizo, clues and crystal keys to be a sought after item again

I agree c keys need not really a rework but some additions to the drop table. Upping the rarity of potential clue scroll items in ckeys is a great idea. I'm not going to do the math (lazy) but you would have to make them a lot rarer since it's easier to get c keys than clue scrolls. 

I think a big problem with substituting crystal keys is that it kind of devalues the crystal keys even further than what they are now. I think some people mentioned making clue drops rare from crystal keys but this also has the problem of devaluing the not yet released clue scrolls. If people get the clue rewards now passively from crystal keys they will not be motivated or excited to explore clue scrolls when they are released.

8 hours ago, Brandon said:

I think a big problem with substituting crystal keys is that it kind of devalues the crystal keys even further than what they are now. I think some people mentioned making clue drops rare from crystal keys but this also has the problem of devaluing the not yet released clue scrolls. If people get the clue rewards now passively from crystal keys they will not be motivated or excited to explore clue scrolls when they are released.

Yeah, I had mentioned that a couple posts back. Maybe the best way to do it would be to add some cosmetic/not too rare things like god dhide to keys temporarily, but keep out the BIG clue loots like 3rd age or bloodhound pet until clue scrolls come out themselves.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, God_ironman said:

Yeah, I had mentioned that a couple posts back. Maybe the best way to do it would be to add some cosmetic/not too rare things like god dhide to keys temporarily, but keep out the BIG clue loots like 3rd age or bloodhound pet until clue scrolls come out themselves.

On 5/4/2020 at 2:51 PM, Brandon said:

Introducing more items will keep players enticed and willing to continuously play the game to obtain them. You could even substitute crystal keys for a different kind of chest key drop, e.g Larran's Keys or Brimstone Keys - although it doesn't fit the typical loot table for Skotizo it will offer a temporary alternative.

After all, there are a total of 638 unique rewards you can obtain from all tiers of clue scrolls so it is highly unlikely with a high rarity people will gather a lot of them. Also take into consideration it isn't very common to get a full dark totem from slayer.

Edited by Peckishwhale