Sign in to follow this  
SarimRailed

Ironman Drop Rate Increase

What if Lunaris made it to where Ironmen had a higher drop rate than the average account? Ironmen are restriced to a lot of the shops. So, in that case can't get a lot of the items right away like the regular accounts can? Not a massive increase, maybe just 25% better drop rate?

It would possibly increase the amount of ironman accounts, and be a lot better for PVM. I know personally I discouraged if i see a normal account who can buy supplies/food and go to a boss and get a rare drop before I can. 

This is a suggestion that ran through my mind. Anyone have any thoughts?

No support at all for a drop rate increase. 

From my knowledge, the Ring of Wealth and Ring of Wealth (i) gives a drop rate increase of 3% and 15%, respectively. The drop rates would also stack with the mode, effectively give a 28% (regular RoW & gamemode) or 40% (Row (i) and gamemode) drop rate increase. That is a HUGE jump from 15% to 40%, in terms of drop rates. 

Edited by Last Resort

I wouldn't be opposed to an area, preferably a Guild, accessible only to Ironman, HCIM or Duo Ironman accounts though. 

Heroes Guild, for example, would be a great choice. Convenient location due to close teleports, many different features could be added and the area is large enough to support many players at a time. 

Edited by Last Resort

IMO picking ironman mode pins you to the usage of a few select shops only. Pick a regular account if you want it more easy. 

I'm an ironman myself and I'm fine with the way drops are handled.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:01 AM, Last Resort said:

I wouldn't be opposed to an area, preferably a Guild, accessible only to Ironman, HCIM or Duo Ironman accounts though. 

Heroes Guild, for example, would be a great choice. Convenient location due to close teleports, many different features could be added and the area is large enough to support many players at a time. 

I think this idea could be cool. Not for the reason of making iron mans easier but a zone where everyone you see is another iron would be awesome. Would be a great way to connect with players like you.

• Like 1

I would only really be open to irons getting increased based drop rate IF they could no longer drop trade by any means which I feel would impair their game play & also them having increased drop rates would only speed their game play up and ultimately make it less of a challenge which is the entire point of the mode. 😛

2 hours ago, Justin said:

I would only really be open to irons getting increased based drop rate IF they could no longer drop trade by any means which I feel would impair their game play & also them having increased drop rates would only speed their game play up and ultimately make it less of a challenge which is the entire point of the mode. 😛

They would also not need to be able to de-iron. 😕 Which we really can not do.

OT: I personally do not support this change but that doesn't mean it can't be added. It's just my personal view. I believe the point in being an iron is to show you achieved the achievements solo but with a drop rate increase it's kind of cheating 😮 Idk change my mind I guess 😄

I would have to disagree due to the fact that ironman is for the achievement of getting said item you are grinding for i think the way the drop is fine i enjoy the grind to get pet armour weapon you are after just make its fun but i wouldn't mind a drop rate increase for ironman if they found away to when we dropped items on the ground other players couldnt see it so it doesn't go into the eco. but that's just my personal opinion

• Like 1

Definitely against this idea. It really devalues both current achievements for Ironmen now, and for future achievements. The point of the game mode is to make things more challenging. We are restricted to a couple of shops for a reason, and that's what makes the gameplay so rewarding. And as Derk said: " Pick a regular account if you want it more easy."

Edited by Pup

On 6/3/2019 at 4:29 PM, Pup said:

Definitely against this idea. It really devalues both current achievements for Ironmen now, and for future achievements. The point of the game mode is to make things more challenging. We are restricted to a couple of shops for a reason, and that's what makes the gameplay so rewarding. And as Derk said: " Pick a regular account if you want it more easy."

I agree that just because we choose a harder gamemode doesn't mean we shouldn't get rewarded. We should, because we are taking on a much harder and longer challenge/journey. A lot of normies would probably disagree with this idea, but I feel unless they have played ironman mode for a major amount of time- they don't truly understand the struggle for drops etc as we cannot just go to the auction house and pick and choose what we want to buy.