Sign in to follow this  
legal lolis

In-depth ironman starter guide

wbgpdx7.jpg

Greetings. I am Legal lolis. The Ironman. And my little companion

ironman.png.219f32478f6d72206463514e8459a916.png

I have been around in lunaris since December 1 2017
Currently prestige 3 ironman

This is my little guide to Ironman mode, for all you interested in starting a new account.

Main thing about Ironman - 
You. Stand. Alone.
- No trading
- No staking

Things you want to buy with your achievement points are:
MANDATORY:
all skilling outfit-The enitre outfit gives 40% increased  experience stacks with xp books dxp and dxp ring.
Cooking gloves - Reduces the % of burned food. This is a MUST until you get your cooking cape.
Goldsmith gauntlets - provides increased xp gained from smithing gold ore. Great for smithing training.
Optional:
Dwarven rock cake - damage you to 1 hp great for giant mole or any other npc you don't get on hit through prayer

Let's begin our journey!

Thieving

Thieving is the best money making method for beginners. You can get to the thieving stalls by typing ::teleports>skilling>thieving, or just walk over to the stalls  north of Edgeville bank

There you can find :
6 different stalls

Food stall : level 1 thieving requirement. Gives sliced bananas. (900 xp)
Crafting stall : level 30 thieving requirement. Gives Cake tins.(1.500xp)
General stall : level 40 thieving requirement. Gives gold rings(2,100 xp)
Magic stall : level 60 thieving requirements. Givesmagic stones.(2,700xp)
Scimitar stall : level 85 thieving requirement. Gives Rusty scimitars
donor stall : level 1 thieving requirement. Gives 10k coins.(5,250 xp)*vote to gain access to donor zone for free 3hrs per site*

Merchant

This NPC wanders around and buys all the items you get from thieving stalls.
sliced Banana sells for
560 gp
Cake tin sells for 880 gp
gold ring sells for 1560 gp
Magic stone sells for 1920 gp
Rusty scimitar sells for 3780 gp

In thieving area you can also find
Ornate rejuvenation pool - restores your hitpoints/spec and removes poision/venom
Altar - restores your prayer points
Bank chest - obviously
Altar of the occult - allows you to change spellbooks

d recommend you to train your thieving to around level 50. At that point you'll have enough money to get some basic stuff from Adam. He also sells ironman supplies

(general store)

203495395_ironmanshop.png.6e0d8e8e128e23762563d2baae2c58ba.png

(farming shop)

469939763_farmingshop.png.5289cc91007d483c1dbdba41be632743.png

(herblore shop)

1626839963_herbloreshop.png.8b746a38e4ec9a16887b190989726296.png

(Armour shop)

armours.png.8db99fcf203fa49254a7869429061431.png

(misc shop)

2011306641_miscshop.png.a7b9877b8d35e6131be29f7d0420352a.png

After you reach level 50 thieving, head to Paul and buy these things:
8YqUB4O.png
A Spade. Watering can. Rake and a seed dibber.

Guam seeds as well from the farming shop to being farming

There's many places to farm herbs, few of them:

Catherby farm :
P0e6UH0.png
You can get there through teleport wizard > Skilling teleports > farming.

Falador farm:
pIVwjjd.png

Ardougne farming patch:

1481101055_faladorfarm.png.4d61b39c4b1759a5293f422140390578.png

Port Phasmatys farming patch:

port.png.e1d073b01e428f5c7958cdba97e171a7.png

After you done gathering some secondaries, and farming herbs, time to cook some food, to go with your potions 🙂

You can catch almost every type of fish available. Except for Anglerfish, Dark crabs (you can catch them at Donator  area)

You should get yourself a descent fish supply, would recommend to go to around level 80 fishing. Then you can catch sharks at regular rates, and it's descent.

After you done fishing, you now must cook it. There's an oven nearby fishing guild's bank. What i personally suggest you, is to cook your food at Donor zone. There's an eternal fire there and you can go to the bank faster and repeat.

Agility is a pain. If you ignore Agility, you going to exhaust your run energy super fast. In my opinion, grinding agility to around 70 is enough, maybe 80 if you have time.

Gnome agility course. Your agility grind starts here. 
You can get to it by talking to teleport wizard > skilling teleports > Gnome agility course

gnome.png.3f74fa5f4552fdf371f501cb8fa77e31.png

You train there until level 35 agility. Then you proceed to your next training location. 
Barbarian agility course. 

You train there 35-52, or 35-60 next location is in wilderness. DEEP WILDERNESS
WIlderness agility course.

After you achieved level 60 (because you might quit because of frustration this skill gives to some people)
It's time for the real gains. 
Seers' village rooftop agility course.
Rooftop agility is great, because you have a chance to get Marks of grace, which you can then exchange for graceful set. And man, is it great.

After you achieve level 99 agility - congratulations, you just finished most annoying skill ever.

Hunter

Hunter is pretty straight forward. You catch things.

hunter.png.634f7dd6b7f3938125e2d60a5532bc6a.png

level 1.) Baby impling

level 22) Young impling

level 28) Gourmet impling

level 36) Earth impling

Level 42) Essence impling

level 50) Eclectic impling

Level 58) Nature impling

level 65) Magpie impling

level 74) Ninja impling

Level 83) Dragon impling

level 83) Lucky impling(raids 2)

Congratulations, your Hunter level is now 99.

Mining/smithing
Reminder: bring Prospector  armour , if you have one.

Mining/smithing is also very straight forward.
You mine ores, then smelt and smith them into various equipment.

Place to start : mining guild.
LDTpuhw.png

Smithing is almost the same, you take ores, you smelt them.

Best place to smith is outside Edgeville bank at a furnace. Only thing, it doesn't have an anvil there, so you might want to find one. Mostly recommended at Donor zone

*alternative  you can mine and smith at donor zone but less ore i recommend the mining guild donor zone is for convince *

Time for some combat.

Combat is easy. You kill things. Most efficient way is doing slayer, while leveling up your combat stats.

You can start slayer by talking to slayer master , west of edgeville bank

959534849_slayermasters.png.603562bfad7d97154bfd1e65494b4d5b.png

By doing tasks you get slayer points, which you can exchange for various items.

in the meantime, when you get 60-70 base combat stats, you should complete quests. Most importantly :
Recipe for Disaster for barrows gloves (BiS gloves)

And what you also should do, at this time, get Void armour set (preferably Elite void). You play Pest control minigame, and if you dealt enough damage at the minigame, you get points, which later can be exchanged for Void armour. Void armour is great for slayer, and bossing, because of it's prayer bonus.

pc.png.36460c2b7b2ba6d5af4519efc50a80be.png1439553847_pcrewards.png.d480417089b41633c6b2629a11a9547b.png

At level 58 slayer, your first big grind begins.
Cave horrors.
You can get to them by talking to Teleport wizard > training teleports > Cave horrors
These guys drop Black Mask, which, when worn provides bonuses when killing your slayer assignments. 
You can combine Black mask with Spiky helmet, to make a Slayer helm. (Spiky helmet can be bought from Slayer master)

The higher slayer level you have, the better things you can kill.
Monsters that require highest slayer level:
Thermonuclear smoke devil - 93 Slayer
Cerberus - level 91 slayer
Kraken - level 87 Slayer
Abyssal demons - level 85 slayer.

At level 85, you just might want to camp Abyssal demons for their most valuable drop - Abyssal whip.

Prayer:

Prayer is afk'able, but it's hard to obtain supplies to train it. To get Prayer xp, you must bury bones to the ground, or offer them on the altar for higher xp (recommended)

Most prayer xp is gained:
Dagganoth bones
Superior dragon bones
Lava dragon bones

To be more efficient, you might want to get a Dragon Defender, from warriors' guild. Defender is worn in shield spot, and increases your accuracy.

When you're strong enough, you will play the Fight Caves minigame. Beating it gives you a Fire cape, second best melee cape in the game (after Infernal cape, but thats End-Game content)
You can begin the minigame by teleporting to Fight caves (Teleport wizard > minigames > Fight caves)
l3c4HmO.png

After you got Fire cape, time for next challenge

Barrows minigame
This is the ONE minigame you SHOULD play.
In this minigame, you fight 5 barrows brothers, all with unique special set effects, you can read about them on 07scape wiki.

all you need is spade, descent gear and some food + potions.

To get to this minigame talk to teleport wizard > minigames > Barrows.

This minigame gives almost best gear in the game, and it's especially useful for ironmen, who are about to begin bossing.

when you get your desired items that's where my guide ends. You do not need any help from now on, and you're on your own from here, fellow Ironman.

Some long-term goals for you :
Bandos chestplate and tassets
All Zulrah's uniques
Cerberus' Crystals
Ranger boots
Armadyl crossbow
Zenyte jewelery
ANY godsword (preferably saradomin, because of its awesome special attack)
Dagannoth kings' rings.

^ cause smithing  is a pain in the ass

* also  could do weapons game but be prepared to hate it like i do*

Edited by legal lolis

Very well created, well thought out, and in-depth guide. I can tell you put a lot of work into this, along with all your other guides!

Legal = Guide King. This will for sure help out a lot of starting Ironmen, including myself! Thanks Legal. 

Now all the nice comments aside, i wanna give some feedback:

firstly, the grammar is a bit of a issue, some words are misspelled, but usually the sentences are the ones that have mistakes, there are some capitalization issues (awfully noticeable when mentioning "level xx" at the hunter section)

secondly: i understand that this is mostly suppose to give an idea on how to start your ironman, but lemme tell you, there are better ways to do some of these things, for example: for prayer, you could go ahead and grind out hunter until you reach dragon implings, then aim for babydragon/dragon bones, which is what you mentioned BEFORE going to prayer.

another thing is, you can just directly skip fire cape and go grind out an infernal cape from weapons game (might be buffed later on so sort of skeptical)

thirdly: there must be more information about other stuff rather than just giving people a rough idea on how to do it then just telling them to figure it out, for example: make so there's XP rates for hunter, or link guides on how to train hunter (that are iron-friendly) aswell as there's no way to know for sure what items i need for hunter (i know there's screenshot of adam's shop, yeah sure but atleast provide some sort of information on how to do hunter), because an ironman like me, who is new to this server might aswell not know what items i'm suppose to get, thus making it a bit harder than it seems. This applies for everything, i mentioned hunter as an example. If you want another example: Smithing is one of them, you just said that "Mining & Smithing is simple enough, just mine ores and smelt them" but you don't actually tell other methods, should as PvM because lemme tell you, you mentioned Agility as the worst skill to train, but you legit haven't seen what pain Smithing gives to people, and agility BARELY scratches the surface of what pain smithing does to you.

and forth: there's not ALOT information, some of the information isn't listed on here, for example, top donator stalls give 40k gp straight up, click on the quickchat options on some of the skills, they might display information you may have missed on, also another thing is, if people are going to use this as a way to guide themselves towards learning ironman mode, mention atleast more skills on how to train them, there also should be some sort of goal to aim towards that's not including barrows or fire caves as you mentioned, but something to start off in the beginning, like revenants or something, you can go ahead and rush revenants for loot if you get a high enough strength level or a better weapon, they are good for blood money, which actually does help out quite alot for UIM as a matter of fact, since revenants is mostly dead content here, this is a great place for people to start off.

I'd personally say, it's a good guide for beginners, but this guide would be used as a side-sort of guide, where people would just switch to another one after doing a certain amount of skills, this is just feedback i have to give to you, and hopefully you actually understand my half-understandable sentences and it will help you on improving your guides later on. Cheers 🙂

Edited by Faustas

wow 213 views  i didnt think it was that good 🙂

On 5/23/2019 at 3:33 PM, Brandon said:

What about sand crabs and Obor? =?

sand crabs are overrated kappa and i don't like obor 😞

On 5/22/2019 at 4:25 PM, Faustas said:

Now all the nice comments aside, i wanna give some feedback:

firstly, the grammar is a bit of a issue, some words are misspelled, but usually the sentences are the ones that have mistakes, there are some capitalization issues (awfully noticeable when mentioning "level xx" at the hunter section)

secondly: i understand that this is mostly suppose to give an idea on how to start your ironman, but lemme tell you, there are better ways to do some of these things, for example: for prayer, you could go ahead and grind out hunter until you reach dragon implings, then aim for babydragon/dragon bones, which is what you mentioned BEFORE going to prayer.

another thing is, you can just directly skip fire cape and go grind out an infernal cape from weapons game (might be buffed later on so sort of skeptical)

thirdly: there must be more information about other stuff rather than just giving people a rough idea on how to do it then just telling them to figure it out, for example: make so there's XP rates for hunter, or link guides on how to train hunter (that are iron-friendly) aswell as there's no way to know for sure what items i need for hunter (i know there's screenshot of adam's shop, yeah sure but atleast provide some sort of information on how to do hunter), because an ironman like me, who is new to this server might aswell not know what items i'm suppose to get, thus making it a bit harder than it seems. This applies for everything, i mentioned hunter as an example. If you want another example: Smithing is one of them, you just said that "Mining & Smithing is simple enough, just mine ores and smelt them" but you don't actually tell other methods, should as PvM because lemme tell you, you mentioned Agility as the worst skill to train, but you legit haven't seen what pain Smithing gives to people, and agility BARELY scratches the surface of what pain smithing does to you.

and forth: there's not ALOT information, some of the information isn't listed on here, for example, top donator stalls give 40k gp straight up, click on the quickchat options on some of the skills, they might display information you may have missed on, also another thing is, if people are going to use this as a way to guide themselves towards learning ironman mode, mention atleast more skills on how to train them, there also should be some sort of goal to aim towards that's not including barrows or fire caves as you mentioned, but something to start off in the beginning, like revenants or something, you can go ahead and rush revenants for loot if you get a high enough strength level or a better weapon, they are good for blood money, which actually does help out quite alot for UIM as a matter of fact, since revenants is mostly dead content here, this is a great place for people to start off.

I'd personally say, it's a good guide for beginners, but this guide would be used as a side-sort of guide, where people would just switch to another one after doing a certain amount of skills, this is just feedback i have to give to you, and hopefully you actually understand my half-understandable sentences and it will help you on improving your guides later on. Cheers 🙂

yes i understand what you mean but i didn't mention some stuff cause if i just made it how to max quickly as a iron where is the fun in learning ironman mode and i know about about the grammar errors my caps lock key is wonky it sticks sometimes and i don't mention  top donor stall cause some people cant donate so i only mentioned the free donor one you get when you vote as for the xp rates i didn't want to go and catch everything cause i got lazy ❤️ and since there is only imps to catch atm hopefully more hunter methods to be introduced like gray chin red and black chins and salamanders i'm no the best at spelling cause im a human not a robot ❤️  but i appreciate  your feedback good or bad feedback is great for me