Sign in to follow this  
Brandon

New DDoS Protection

land.png

Disconnections

Hey everyone, I am making this announcement because as you know we have been having some sporadic disconnections and downtime on Lunaris for the past few days. After a little investigation I came to the conclusion that the issue was being caused by small scale Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.

Solution

After reaching out to a few different mitigation providers we are proud to announce we decided that ProxyPipe would best suite our needs and protect us from future attacks. After reaching out to their team I received unparalleled customer support and was able to speak directly with a representative to get everything setup.

I would like to thank their team for being so awesome and helping us through the solution every step of the way. I would highly recommend this service to anyone who finds themselves needing similar protection.

land.png

Sounds good man!
Hope that this will solve the problem and it wont happen again!
Thanks for giving us such in dept explanation about what happen.

❤️

Interesting that someone would go out of their way to cause a disruption like that. Glad you guys got it squared away. Since I run a private server for a different game, if I ever find myself being targeted by DoS attacks, I'll give them a look. Thanks for the update.

Glad you were able to sort it out! I can't imagine the headache it must have caused.

On 6/5/2019 at 5:22 AM, Daylon said:

Interesting that someone would go out of their way to cause a disruption like that. Glad you guys got it squared away. Since I run a private server for a different game, if I ever find myself being targeted by DoS attacks, I'll give them a look. Thanks for the update.

Lol, my thoughts exactly. Who in their right mind would spend the time, effort, and resources to DoS Lunaris 😄 Whoever it is has been stopped in their tracks though.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:14 PM, Pup said:

Glad you were able to sort it out! I can't imagine the headache it must have caused.

It actually was a bit of a headache. I am glad it's done now and out of the way though 🙂 It will only make us more secure and dependable for the future when we are a larger server.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 5:22 AM, Daylon said:

YEA THIS !! -_- annoying but thats the name of the game on the internet.. 

Tho it was a pain in the ass fix but none the less easy just sucks someone so childish to even do it to waste our time =[ and our players time like that.. 

Happy you all understanding on these type of issues..