Sign in to follow this  
Yaz

Dev Log - June. 14. 2019

=============================     PUSHED UPDATES     =============================

Bug Fixes:

- Fixed a bug with mining. This not only affected amethyst mining but all mining. For anyone interested it was a clipping issue 

Quality of Life changes:

Added a brand new system to be able to spawn ground items that respawn without placing them in the code. This system allows for me to place them on the dev server and have them save. This is just one example of a tool that will speed up development in the future

- Rewrote a bit of the dragon fire mechanics to support dragons having magic attacks that are not fire. Once I can find the correct graphic ids for dragon fire I can fix it visually also. If you know it feel free to let me know 

- Added a system to programmatically register climbable objects as they are loaded into the map in an attempt to make all climbable objects around Lunaris function properly. This is basically an attempt to make things like staircases and ladders work properly in one swoop instead of manually going around the map and adding support for every ladder. This system is by no means perfect and does not function in all cases. It will not work in most caves because of the way it tries to link ladders together. For anyone who is interested the system basically reads the ladder and then modifies the height level by -+1 and scans the local area for another climbable object. The scan radius is determined by the size of the object originally found. If the scan returns a positive result then the two are attached. So far the system searches for ladders and staircases. If I think of more then I will add other objects types. If anyone knows a better way to do this that would support cave entrances / trapdoors feel free to let me know

Reworked all of the easy slayer tasks. There is now 17 different easy slayer tasks in the pool

Additional Updates:

- Added the divine spirit shield. This will be EXTREMELY RARE. This item will be extremely rare and will have prestige requirements to wear / craft. We are making the shield so rare because of how good that it is. If you are farming for this item it will be a long grind

437a35ea627e011c8a2411e2739cd460.png

===========================================================================================

- Added ring of vigor

===========================================================================================

- Made around 60 new combat scripts for monsters. This is mainly for the slayer update but effects a lot more than slayer

===========================================================================================- 

- Added the brutal dragons 

c58066018c1ff416d8902b17d904fabd.gif

- Added killerwatts to the game. These are pretty cool and I completely forgot that these even existed

- Finished completing the missing combat scripts for the monsters that the balance team has placed thus far. This was a little less than 200 different monsters

* Post a comment with your favourite update - Have a chance to win an item from a juicy 1-28 goodiebag! Winners drawn on June 21st, 2019. *

Check out the winner from the last dev-log forums post below!

0b36c0a3003e6629d7fff78add52cf17.gif

Gratz to Pup - Pm me on the Forums, Discord or In-Game to claim your reward!

Anything that involves the improvement of slayer are my favorite fun skill to train and gives a opportunity to fight NPC's you might not normally, so the new easy task rework and future slayer updates are bomb

• Like 1

same as xan im very happy with slayer updates, i hated how i always always always got assigned dragons nonstop was quite annoying but now its gonna have a lot more verity :D

• Like 1

OOOO YESS, THE DIVINE SPIRIT SHIELD AND THE KORASI'S (too bad korasi's is only from the caskets 😢 ) Ty for the updates though, hope to see another custom boss soon that drops the korasi's normally

• Like 1

1 hour ago, solarium said:

OOOO YESS, THE DIVINE SPIRIT SHIELD AND THE KORASI'S (too bad korasi's is only from the caskets 😢 ) Ty for the updates though, hope to see another custom boss soon that drops the korasi's normally

Don't worry, once we find a place that seems like it fits we will add it to the game 🙂

OT: I need to start entering into these competitions so that I can start winning them instead of noobs like @Pup winning them 😉

• Haha 2

My best two updates its first the crazy mother dudiiii divin and secondly the slayer update 😉 Hopefully slayer would be alot more enjoyable as it was before :P Lets start the grind hehe 😃

• Like 1

The new combat mechanics for Slayer monsters and regular monsters is definitely the best updates here. I also like the fact that dungeons will be accessible thru the normal entrances. 

The only thing I didn't like about this update was the Korasi Sword being added to the wildy casket. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Last Resort said:

The new combat mechanics for Slayer monsters and regular monsters is definitely the best updates here. I also like the fact that dungeons will be accessible thru the normal entrances. 

The only thing I didn't like about this update was the Korasi Sword being added to the wildy casket. 

I can't promise all cave entrances will work but at least the ones that are populated should all work 🙂

• Thanks 2

CONGRATULATIONS TO IRONRULE!

@Ironrule2451 Message me on discord, forums or in game to choose your number from 1-28. Good luck.

69163271e75d6346c8823fc45767c4a6.gif