Yaz

Beta testing application

APPLICATIONS FOR BETA TESTING ARE NOW OPEN

We are now accepting applications for users to log onto the development server and help us to be better prepared come release day. We will be opening the application process, and allow you to join the Beta Testing team. Please note, the purpose of this is for you to help Lunaris through its development process for pre-release. We would like users to go through the gameplay, and make sure every piece of content works properly, such as all the skills (Being able to cook food with proper burn rates), proper NPC drop tables (All sorts of NPC's, not limited to bosses only), all the mechanics (Such as using bones on the different altars, Ectofunctus etc...). 

We are looking for applicants of which are open to search for any apparent bugs, or dis-functionalities within the game. The purpose of this is for you to spend the necessary time and invest in working with us to make sure we have no issues going into release. Although we are only taking a limited amount of applications, be sure to check in everyday even if you are not accepted the first time. This is because if we find accepted applicants that can not dedicate the necessary time to work on helping the staff team with the beta testing, we will be looking to take on other applicants. Please make sure if you do apply, you have the knowledge of OSRS mechanics, and would be able to dedicate the time required to work along side of us to help fix any found issues. 

You are able to follow the below format and submit your application for review. Accepted users will also receive a unique discord badge, labeling them as Beta Testers. Please comment on this thread, with the below formatting to post your application.  

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long.

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris?

Thank you for your interest in helping us work towards a flawless release!

Yours truly,

Lunaris Administration 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

-I played lunaris under the main account of Burnn. i played for months i am not sure entirely how long i was a part of lunaris.

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.

-I have bin playing OSRS for about 14 years or so i started on runescape classic and then into the rs2 or as we know it osrs then when osrs revamped to rs3 i jumped into private servers. then back into osrs 2012 when it re released. i have and always put my 2 cents in where needed regarding lunaris and the balance team and you all know that if i had the time i would be on the balance team. so my knowledge with the mechanics is pretty good as well as i try to keep up with the osrs updates and such.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.

-Yes to all of the above Beta tested, co- owned, administrated, mod, helper, and normal player of many different servers.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?

-of course the lunaris team should know by now that i do all i can with my knowledge. to help and better the community, and server.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?

-most every day. some times for an hour sometimes for 4 or more

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris?

-of course. i was previously apart of the balance team, i did not leave on bad terms. i had to leave because i did not have as much time to give as i needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long.   Since November 2018

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.   I have played private servers for 10+ years,  spent maybe 2 years playing osrs, but most of my knowledge in this subject is from pre eoc rs and from private servers since 2005.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.  I have beta tested for 2 versions of another server.  Only was low level staff on it, never really wanted to be staff beyond that.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?  Yes,  I have found tons of bugs on multiple servers and know how to provide the best feedback to explain a bug or whatever the issue may be.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?  Everyday, a few hours a day.  As long as I have the time to get on.

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris?  Yes, I enjoyed working with higher staff of multiple servers in the past to help get bugs fixed, stats fixed, and items/monsters/minigames working correctly for servers.  I also would give some of my ideas on things I think are done in a incorrect way.

Hopefully we can get enough testers to get this game out as soon as possible,  I am very eager to play the server again because the other servers I tried just can't get it right.   Lunaris was one of the very few servers I actually enjoyed grinding and playing though and had the best community and staff out of all the servers I played in the past 10+ years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long. I've been playing in the past. A lot of people should know me in the name of ERNST (i mean by the veterans of the server) Been playing for a year or so.

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it. Been playing OSRS since 2004 or something like that, so i got quite a decent baggage.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications. On Lunaris i've not been a beta tester before but i would gladly join for a help.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period? Yes, of course .

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day? Well if i fit my workschedule i work 3 days a week, in those 3 days i would jump in only at night like at 20:00 +2GMT. On other days somewhere from 12:00 till 19-20:00

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris? Yes, of course that's why the Beta-Testers are required :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, for about a year.

Love OSRS been playing for too many years and know quite a bit.

Not really to be honest, most i have done was some bug hunting on a couple small servers.

Most definitely, i love looking for issues and pointing them out as well as providing feedback.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world every day? How long per day?

Daily for 6-12 hours depending on the fiance, we are home and chill all day so I'm online most of the time.

Of course, it would be a great experience and id love to learn and help where I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long - I have been playing lunaris around a month or two after the release of it and until the end of it❤️ My ign was Z E R E F

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it - I have been playing runescape since 2005 and even now I still play osrs server. However, i began playing rsps back in 2010 before the release of osrs so I would say my knowledge of osrs mechanics is quite good.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications - I have not been a beta tester. However, I was part of a events team on another server which I believe I did a good job in.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period - I am more than willing to provide constructive feedback to lunaris. The best server with the best owner, I am always happy to help.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day - I usually play everyday and I can play up to 2-8 hours or possibly more.

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris - Yes, I would be very happy to work alongside the balance team ❤️

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING WISH LUNARIS THE BEST ❤️

Edited by Grapez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, i believe 15d play time, "near the end of the cycle" 

I have played RS ever since 2006, for about 3-5 hours a day, quit rs3 once it came out but when osrs came back out i played maybe 1-2 hours every day on it

i have been all of the above besides co owner/owner i LOVE bug testing as its really fun to do so.

Of course! letting you guys know is important to the health of the server

depending when i wake up 10 hours+ and everyday

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have not played lunaris but have told been told about the new release and have played a good amount of rsps's and osrs.

I started playing rs around 2003 played for years then played on and off since have always loved the game and really enjoy it.

I have not just played a good amount of rsps's .

yes of course if I ever find bugs or anything it will be known to anyone on the team of lunaris.

I have a full time job so on weekdays around 3-4 days a day and weekends around 8 or more a day.

yes of course

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long.

1 year

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.

Played osrs for 8 years know basic mechanics would watch videos to understand more complicated skilling, bossing, and pvp mechanics. would usually use what I learned and try apply it to lunaris while playing. most of time doesn't work or would not be as effective so would experiment and adjust gameplay to work in lunaris in the most effective way possible (usually an unintentional mechanic is used or found)

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.

none

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?

yes but as my first time beta testing something would like instructions and list of what needs to be checked. This would help me better to help you. Which will help me provide better feedback or report bugs and issues in a more organized way

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?

1 hour guarantee 

if life allows it 6-10 hours

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris

yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little over a year now under the username Timebrawler

Not very knowledgeable about mechanics, my main goal as a beta tester personally would just play the server as if it were released & just make sure shits working.

Not really no, i've never really have gotten the chance to do so since usually when i find a server it's already been released for awhile.

Yes of course i love the server so i'd be more than willing to help improve it in any way i can.

I work 5 days a week but i usually get home around 4 pm and can usually relax around 5 pm so an accurate estimate of how many hrs i could put in a day would be 6 to 9 hrs depending on what else i have to do that night.

Yes i would be more than willing, if it means the release will be even better than why not help ya know? it's our job to make sure the release goes as smoothly as possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long. 7 months  the least

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it. I know the basics of the mechanics, maybe more than the average joe.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications. No not a beta tester, but I have been a staff years ago as a Moderator.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period? Yes.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?  About 2 hours a day.

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris? Yes I will be willing to work alongside the team. FOR LUNARIS!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I did, I played it for about a week. Duo Iron man with a friend. 

Well I've played RS3/Osrs for about 14 years. I've achieved way more on osrs though as I had a lot of knowledge from RS2. I know all of the slayer , god wars(rusty with nex phases from the RS2 but was good at it.) , and solo boss mechanics. Also very good at Chambers of Xeric. Other than that every other thing in the game that's low-mid level content and skilling/minigames I've got that mastered as well. The only two things I haven't done alot of/or completed. Is TOB , and getting an Infernal cape atm.

Yes I've Beta tested for a few servers , but a very long time ago. I've never been on an actual upper management team. I've only been in game Moderator/Administrator for multiple rsps servers in my career.

Of course. I would report all of the information of bugs and issues because, I want to grind this game out myself on the official release and I want the server to work properly and have minimal to 0 issues if possible for the best  Lunaris experience for all players. 🙂 And also it will save stress on roll backs in case some random player that joined  found a dupe for example. Not fun for the staff or the players.

I would be able to log into the beta server everyday, around 12+ hours a day. (Might need bathroom breaks and food.) But other that I should be good.

Absolutely. I would be willing to work with any of the Lunaris staff and provide insight. I can be in the Lunaris discord channel disccusing these issues at any time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long.

Nope. 

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.

I like to break things. Broken over 10+  rsps'

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.

Beta-tester for Dark.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?

Of course.    

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?

Daily at leasy an hour or two. More on weekends.

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris?

Of course.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, i started playing in 2018 august. Had to make a new acc on forums cuz cant remember my login details. 

I have a 15 year cape on rs3 but i really started playing rs like 6-7 years ago, so all the mechanics are pretty familiar

No i havent.

Yeah, of course!

Id be able to play 6-10 hours everyday.

Yeah of course, that would be awesome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long. yesm and maybe 2 years? 

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it. i know OSRS like the back of my hand

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications. nope, although i acted l like staff *laughing emoji*

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period? i am

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day? every day for 6 hours + like the good old days

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris? yep

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long. yes i played the previous Lunaris for quite some time not exactly sure how long

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it. My knowledge of the Mechanics of osrs are pretty good including most of the bosses

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications. No

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period? Yes anything i could do to help and imporove the game

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day? yes i could log on everyday and play for a couple hours each day

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris. yes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long. Yes, for about 8 months or so before it left us.

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it. Ive played OSRS since 05. Once EOC came out i switched to private servers. Went back to what we know now as OSRS and still play private servers to fill the void of not having Lunaris.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications. I have never been a beta tester for a server nor have i ever owned or been upper level staff. I have however dabbled in coding my own server. I am certified in a few different languages including JS (went to school for it), so i understand what should be going on in the code while watching whats happening in-game.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period? All issues would be reported accurately with all details and steps on how to reproduce said bug or exploit.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day? I can be on everyday for 3-4 hours between morning and afternoon. Also can be on at night 3-4 hours. Could be more could be less it all depends.

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris? I will work hand-in-hand with the balance team to restore order to the Empire.

Side note: Sorry for the late application, Just moved and got everything set up and saw this in my discord!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Yaz

• I played the previous version of Lunaris from around May 2019 up until development stopped. I loved the uniqueness of the content and felt instantly comfortable within the community.

• I would consider myself very experienced with the mechanics of OSRS or Runescape in general as I have been playing since 2005-2006. Not just from a player's perspective but also from the perspective of a developer. I understand why things work the way they do and could probably give more advanced feedback and/or solutions to the problems I may find through testing. I've dabbled in RSPS server development before, but only as a means of learning and having a little fun.

• I've owned and managed many gaming related communities throughout my years, none of them necessarily related to the RSPS scene but other games such as Counter-Strike, Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. One of my communities being one of the biggest EU based CS:GO communities for it's time. I've got great experience in multiple coding languages which was a big factor in making my previous communities thrive by providing a unique feeling through it's content.

• Of course, being here to test and give feedback or to report issues and bugs would be my main purpose and I would do so gladly.

• Some days I may be able to test for multiple hours but others I may not be available due to work or plans, but I'll definitely have plenty of time to sink into testing.

• Of course, not only to provide insight, but to also get some insight myself of how these teams operate, I've always enjoyed the entire development process so I'm more than happy to get involved as much as possible.
Edited by Spills
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, Yaz said:

Yes i played the previous revision, for about 3 years I'd have to say.

I have played runescape since 2007 and i had been playing private servers since 2010.

Years ago on fire-pk i was a moderator and I have been a mod on a few other small servers. I cant say I have ever been a beta tester of any kind.

Yes I would be very willing to provide any feedback to improve the quality of the server. 

I would be able to log on a few times a day for a couple hours. I'll be honest and say I am not one of those people that would be able to put in 8+ hours a day.

Yes as you may remember I am very willing to work alongside pretty much anyone. The whole point of this would be for me to be as cooperative as possible.

On 12/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, Yaz said:

• Thanks 1

1.  Have you played the previous revision of Lunaris? If so, for how long.        Yes and over a year

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.     I've played Runescape for about 15 years so I know the mechanics well

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.      I've been mod and admin on other servers 

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?    Yes

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?       Everyday and 4-8 hours 

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris?   Yes

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have played on Lunaris for about a year now actively. 

2.  Please describe your knowledge on the mechanics of OSRS, and your experience with it.

Well mechanics can mean a couple things. Whether its combat mechanics and PvP or even the mechanics of bosses and monsters. How they look when they attack in a certain manner and also player movement. Tracking and such. It can vary but I do have a vast knowledge and large number of years playing the game both back in 2004-07 and new versions of OSRS.

3.  Have you been a beta tester on a server, or have owned/been on a upper-level staff management team before? If so, please list qualifications.

I have been a beta tester on servers and even for certain technological equipment. As far as servers go, I was a beta tester for BattleScape twice over. 

In real life, I was a alpha/beta tester for the Google Glass that never really did well. But we were required to post different capabilities and test the device to its max to see where it would stand in comparison to other products that were currently either on the market or about to be.

4.  Are you willing to provide constructive feedback, or report any issues or bugs throughout the process of this beta testing period?

Of course, that is a given and why anyone would apply for this position not ready to do as such is silly to me.

5.  How often would you be able to log onto the beta world everyday? How long per day?

Every day for the most part. It would be at night after work or I get back from my classes. Some nights for a couple hours (3-4+) and others might be all nighters like I used to pull.

6.  Would you be willing to work alongside the balance team in order to provide insight, and help in the final development process of Lunaris?

Definitely! I know you guys will choose an amazing team of beta testers that we can all work together with smoothly.

If there's anything else I'll be on Discord from tonight on to be available. I've been away for a bit since everything has been said to be changing but very glad to see it moving forward in a very positive direction for Lunaris. Thanks again for all the hard work boys. @Yaz @Brandon 

Edited by Terror
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I have played the previous revision of Lunaris. I played for many months, December 28th, 2018 is my forums join date.

I have played many OSRS rsps, and DMM osrs.

I recently was a Beta-Tester on another osrs server which I won't say the name of. I have been a community manager/ co-owner of Dead-Scape a DMM osrs server that existed a few years back that had a few hundred player peak.

Yes I am willing to provide constructive feedback and report any bugs I find in the beta version to help make Lunaris better then it was the first launch.

I have nothing else in my life. I can login everyday and play 12 hours a day if I need to.

I am willing to work with them. That's what Beta-Testers do.

• Thanks 1

Yes! i played for quite some time and had a very fun experience with the game.

Ive played runescape and rsps since i was 8 years old, so i know alot about the game itself and identifying issues with gameplay. 

I've tested many servers back in the day but not recently.

Yes, ill have a notepad out the whole time and ill always contact u guys

id be able to play 6 hours every day, i do work a lot but honestly have late night spare time

Of course, anything you guys need!    - Love Settings 

• Thanks 1

No

very in depth knowledge of OSRS mechanics, I've played osrs since release and have done everything except TOB and Inferno

no, i'm new to the private server scene

yes

probably every day for several hours

of course.

• Thanks 1

I played Lunaris under the name of BooBooKitty for around 11 months while in college and on break from college.

I have played  OSRS for many years, i still play both versions and RSPS's on top of it. I have done most of/all of the content available in the game. From pures to mains i have done most everything i have wanted to do.

I have not beta tested a server that i was not a part the staff for. I was a mod for a RSPS called Ultimatescape back in 2012 and was so until it closed late in the year.

As in all RSPS's i always try to report any game breaking bugs and make sure the development team and staff know of them before they become an issue.

I have on average around 2-5 hours of free time everyday between college work and family life.

Yes, i would definitely help in any way possible.

• Thanks 1