1. Flaming, Disrespect, Harassment and Inappropriate Content
Within Lunaris, we seat a culturally diverse community. Communities contain different races, beliefs, ethics, sexual orientations, etc. It is vital that we preserve and protect each culture and that we ensure equality throughout Lunaris as a whole. The denigration or defamation of a member will not be tolerated. First offenders will receive a 24-hour mute, followed by a 48-hour mute, increasing to a 7-day mute, a 14-day mute, and finally, a permanent mute.
• a. The use of inappropriate, slanderous and/or disrespectful language towards another’s race, belief system, mental health, ethics, or sexual orientation to personally attack an individual or group will not be tolerated. Although we have an effective ignore system, we expect our members to be courteous towards one another.
• b. Content that is publicized via world yell, public chat, or clan chat that is deemed inappropriate, demeaning, or disrespectful per a staff member’s discretion is not permitted and will correspond with the punishments stated above.
• c. Account names containing inappropriate, slanderous and/or disrespectful language towards another's race, belief system, ethics, or sexual orientation are not tolerated. Failure to comply with this will result in a permanent ban of the account.
• d. Any form of grieving in an attempt to troll or purposely disrupt another player's activities will not be tolerated. This rule will be enforced through the staff's discretion. Failure to comply with this will result in a 1-hour jail, followed by a 5-hour jail, increasing to a 24-hour ban, and finally, a permanent ban. Please note that any reports of grieving that do not include video evidence will be declined.
• e. Harassment will be defined as anything that can be considered targeted to a specific group or person. This rule is enforced through the staff's discretion. Punishments will correspond with the ones stated above. Further action may be taken if it's deemed a group activity or the users involved represent a group. *This applies to the entirety of Lunaris including the forums.
Advertisement of another RSPS related community is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply will result in an immediate removal from the community.
• a. Widespread, ordinary links (eg. YouTube, RuneLocus, Rune-Server, TopG) are acceptable and will oftentimes be permitted, granted one does not take advantage of this exception.
• b. Discussing other active servers in-game and/or on the forums is strictly forbidden. You may discuss any RSPS that is not online. Members who wish to advertise a link that is not related to RSPS or was not one of the common links aforementioned may send a link to an administrator and await a response containing approval before publicizing their desired link.
• c. Direct advertisement will not be tolerated on Lunaris. (eg. "Come fight me on Siranul, they have a better combat system!").
Spamming on Lunaris is not allowed, as it causes disarray throughout the server. We aim to maintain a cordial, pleasant atmosphere on Lunaris. We expect our members to be respectful of one another. Failure to comply with this rule will result in a 24-hour mute, followed by a 48-hour mute, and finally, a permanent mute. If excessive enough, the wrongdoer can be given an IP-Mute, and, finally, a permanent ban will be put into effect if deemed necessary. If the content of the spam contains terribly inappropriate, derogatory, or offensive text, the wrongdoer will receive the latter.
• a. If a member acquires a donor status that has a fairly short yell cool-down timer, that does not give them the right to abuse it under any circumstances.
• b. Excessive begging for personal gain will not be tolerated on Lunaris.
4. Misleading Links, Hacking, and Threats
Misleading links are taken extremely seriously. We expect all links to follow the guidelines (see rule 2) and open up to whatever the link was rightfully advertising. Failure to comply with this rule will result in permanent removal from the community.
Any form of hacking will result in permanent removal from the community.
Threats that will put a member’s livelihood, security, personal information, and reputation at risk will result in permanent removal from the community.
• a. Threatening to DDoS a member of the community will not be tolerated, whether you are joking or not. Players found doing this will be punished. Aside from the threats, players found to be actually DDoSing another member of the Lunaris community will receive a complete removal from the community immediately with no chance of appeal.
- Here on Lunaris, we offer many methods of security by insisting our players use unique passwords and constantly reminding players to enable 2FA and setting up a bank pin. This being said, our Staff Team works hard to keep our players' accounts secure, but it is ultimately up to the player to ensure that security with the tools we have available. It is the players responsibility to ensure they are taking all necessary precautions when securing their Lunaris account/s.
• b. Threats against Lunaris as a whole will not be tolerated. When you threaten Lunaris you are also threatening every single member of our community, and thus will be held responsible for threats against each and every player. Those who threaten to DDoS Lunaris will receive a permanent removal from the community with no chance of appeal.
5. Punishment Evasion
Punishments that are assigned to members are given to further better Lunaris as a community and maintain a stable, fair, and efficient environment. With that being said, those who evade will not be dealt with lightly; if a member feels as if they were wrongly punished, they can go about it the right way by appealing and constructively stating their case. If one evades, it will result in a ban or an IP-Ban, depending on the magnitude of the situation.
• a. Giving a user that is evading a ban money and/or items is considered encouraging others to break the rules. Refer to rule #10.
6. Real World Trading
The act of purchasing/selling goods or services (accounts, real-life items, RSGP, Microsoft points, other private server items for Lunaris items, etc.) will not be tolerated. This rule further effaces hacks, scams, etc. We will not be held responsible for a scam or hacking. Failure to comply will result in the seller being permanently banned, followed with an IP-ban the second time around.
• a. Purchasing or selling any Lunaris account, or donor status is not permitted on the server or forums. First offenders will receive a permanent ban with no chance of appeal; the second offense will result in an IP-ban.
Disclaimer: The attempt or conspiracy to real-world trade will be punished the same as if the user had committed the act(s) in question.
7. Account Sharing
An account should be actively used by the owner only. This goes for all types of accounts whether it is a level 3 scout for the wilderness, a shared account people used to Teleblock other players, or an account you would share with a friend. Account sharing in an effort to progress another user's account or achievements will be punished with a 48-hour ban, followed by a permanent ban for both parties. For example, if you need items off your friends account you may log in and take them. But you aren't allowed to go train fishing for him.
• a. Any attempt to give an account away will not be tolerated on Lunaris. Offenders will receive a permanent ban on the account being given away.
• b. Any form of account services (ex. Inferno Cape service, XP gained/PVMing/PKing in exchange for something) is strictly prohibited and will result in a permanent ban for both parties.
8. Third-Party Software
Applying the use of third-party software that allows a member to have an (any) unfair advantage whatsoever will result in a 24-hour ban, followed by a 48-hour ban, with an ending result of a permanent ban. We strive to maintain an honorable environment where fairness flourishes and hard-earned achievements are commended. This includes auto-clickers, auto-typers, AHK.
• a. The use of botting clients/scripts are forbidden and will result in an IP-ban as well as permanent bans on all owned accounts.
Multi-logging is not against the rules of Lunaris, as we do allow players to be logged into multiple accounts at once. However, we do not allow multi-logging to gain an extreme advantage over other users. We are striving to maintain an environment in which no player has an exponential advantage over other players. First offenders will receive a warning, Second offenders will receive a 24-hour ban, Third offenders will receive a 48-hour ban and bank wipe if deemed necessary, followed up with a permanent ban, and finally, an IP-ban.
10. Encouraging Others to Break Rules
Members that are somehow encouraging others to break a rule whether or not the enticed member understands that specific rule will receive a 24-48 hour mute or 24-hour ban, depending on the extremity or severity of the rule.
• a. Giving a user that is evading a ban money and/or items is considered encouraging others to break the rules and the first offense will result in a 7-day ban ban followed with a permanent ban for the second offense.
11. Bug Abuse
Abuse of a bug or glitch that allows a member to somehow have an advantage over another member or the server itself is not tolerated. We strive to better Lunaris each and every day. In doing so, we ask all members to report any bugs or glitches as soon as they are found; if tampered with after, a permanent ban will be issued.
• a. Boss manipulation (safe spotting) is the flagrant act of maneuvering a boss into a position where it cannot properly perform its functions and/or mechanics. The usage of safe spot methods not available on Oldschool Runescape will not be tolerated on Lunaris.
12. Gambling/Scams/Refunds (Disconnects, Donations, etc.)
• a. Scammers will be punished severely with a permanent ban on their first offense, followed up by an IP-ban on their second offense. Scammed members will not be refunded because we provide effective methods to avoid being scammed, such as using a middleman (server support, moderator, administrator, etc.). Please note that we do not accept photo-reports of members being scammed. One must provide video evidence, or it will not be handled.
• b. Disconnections will not be refunded.
• c. Donations will only be refunded if the player has not been given their items or position (forums, server) after 72 hours; otherwise, a refund is not required. Items that have been claimed through our donation system will not be refunded.
• d. Reset of the server and/or forums will be refunded if the player has posted valid proof of their purchase in 'Donations' board; otherwise, a refund is not required.
- Gamble scams will be refunded if the user has appropriate proof as stated above.
- Changing agreed-upon rules or switching weapons (Staff of the dead + spec in a DDS fight) in a duel is considered scamming regardless of who wins the duel.
• e. Glitch refunds will only be refunded if the member has enough proof and has proof of containing the items prior to the occurrence of the glitch. Note that if Omicron does not see the proof as satisfactory, it can be declined and a refund will not be issued.
• f. The only people who are allowed to be Middle-Manning or Hosting (this includes FPing) are Staff Members or those who hold a rank in the Gamble CC (refer to the Gamble thread here for more information). Anyone caught doing so without a rank will be punished as follows: first offense will result in a warning and wipe of wealth gained from the incident, second offense will result in a 24-hour ban and wipe of wealth gained from the incident, followed by a permanent ban and bank wipe and then a IP-ban.
• h. Custom donations made for other players are non-refundable under any circumstances, and refunding the payment without permission will result in a permanent MAC/IP ban across all accounts.
13. Player versus Player (PvP)
Lunaris is not held responsible for members who have lost, disconnected, etc., while in the wilderness. The wilderness, or 'No man's land', if you will, for the most part, has no restrictions; hence why it can be referred to as 'No man's land'. However, we do have a few rules:
• a. PvP-Farming: Designed as a system to reward PKers, any attempts to abuse this through arranged/paid-for kills will be punished - on a case by case basis. The first offense will receive a 7-day ban & wipe of the estimated wealth gained, the second offense will result in a permanent ban & any further transgressions will result in an IP-ban. Note: We reserve the right to change the severity of our given punishments based on the severity of a case.
• b. Luring is allowed for the most part. The few exceptions to this rule are members cannot attempt to lure via world yell or servers clan chats such as Lunaris and Help. Attempting to lure staff by asking for help whilst in the wilderness or anything else that involves blatant deception will result in a ban. The first offense will result in a 24-hour ban followed up by a 72-hour ban with the ending result being a 7-day ban + bank wipe.
• c. Attacking another player while you only have 1 item or essentially no valuable risk with the intent to negatively affect another player's experience in the wilderness is against the rules and will not be tolerated. (ex. Using a ZGS and constantly returning to a specific area or person and harassing the player.) This rule is applied to the entirety of PvP across Lunaris.
However, certain areas of PvP will follow specific rules. While in Edgeville the act of grieving fights will not be allowed. (ex. Walking over players constantly or placing items such as cannons down.)
Pjing/Rushing is allowed; But if reported with sufficient evidence of being an ongoing issue and considered harassment, it will be dealt with by staff discretion.
• d. X-Logging from the server will result in a 24-hour ban, then a 48-hour ban, and finally, a permanent ban, as doing this causes an unfair advantage for other members of the community.
14. World Yell
Members may use world yell to advertise clan chats & group activities. This should be done at a minimum interval of every 5 minutes for the same clan. First offenders will receive a warning, followed by 24-hour yell mute, with the ending result being a 48-hour mute.
• a. Closed Clan Chats must provide a [::thread xxxxxx] for their sign-up page to ensure people understand how to join the clan chat & which requirements there are.
• b. Flaming, flame-baiting, false-advertisement and trolling via world yell will not be tolerated. The act of doing so will be punishable by a 12-hour yell mute, followed by a 24-hour yell mute, 48-hour yell mute, 7-day yell mute, 14-day yell mute and finally, a permanent yell-mute. Further punishment may result subject to Rule 1, at the staff team's discretion.
• c. Luring members over the world yell is prohibited and can result in the revoking of the wrongdoer's access to world yell temporarily or indefinitely, depending on the severity of the text.
• d. Anything that can be seen as intentional spam in yell is a mutable offense. The first offense will result in a 1-hour yell-mute followed up by a 24-hour yell-mute with the ending result being a 7-day yell-mute.
15. Clan Chats
• a. Members may not converse about any extraneous topics while in the Lunaris/Help clan chats. Wrongdoers will receive a warning, followed by a temporary kick, increasing to a 24-hour mute, with an ending result of a permanent mute.
• b. Members are not permitted to advertise personal clan chats or threads while in other clan chats. Failure to comply will result in a warning, then a 1-hour mute followed up by a 24-hour mute with the ending result being a 7-day mute.
• c. Members cannot attempt to lure via world yell or the Lunaris and Help clan chats (see rule 14). The first offense will result in a 24-hour ban followed up by a 72-hour ban with the ending result being a 7-day ban + bank wipe.
• d. Anything that can be seen as an intentional disturbance inside clan chats is a bannable offense. The first offense will result in a 1-hour ban followed up by a 24-hour ban with the ending result being a 7-day ban.
16. Invading Other Communities
Invading other communities will result in the permanent removal from the entirety of Lunaris with no chance of appeal. Here on Lunaris, we are firm advocates of displaying perpetual, irrefutable integrity. We have the utmost respect for each and every RSPS community and only wish them well.
17. VPN Voting
Any use of excessively changing your IP-address to vote will not be tolerated whatsoever on Lunaris.
We strive to maintain an honorable environment. Anything that brings an unfair advantage will not be tolerated (see rule 8). VPN voting goes against many of the Top-lists terms of service, which can result in the termination of Lunaris from the Top-lists.
• a. Manipulating the voting system to obtain excessive amounts of vote books will result in the punishments above.
• a. Impersonating an Lunaris staff member is strictly prohibited.
• b. Impersonating anyone for entertainment or fraud is strictly prohibited.
• c. Impersonating any of the server accounts is strictly prohibited. (Lunaris/Help)
• d. Impersonating a ranked member of the Gamble CC is strictly prohibited.
Players that fail to comply with this rule will be permanently banned. Based on the severity of the incident, repeat offenders will be IP-banned. Staff discretion will be used.